Best Mosquito Killers
In this section, you will find product reviews for the best mosquito killers on the market in 2017.
Unlike, bed bugs or termites, mosquitoes are actually a bug you have a decent chance of controlling without the help of a professional exterminator.
The goal of this article is to go through our top picks and best mosquito killers for 2017.
Let's start off by saying that mosquitoes are one of the most dangerous ANIMALS that exist.
Yes, you read that right, ANIMALS.
When you think of a dangerous animal, I’m sure your mind goes to sharks, alligators, snakes, spiders even…
But alas… the annoying mosquitoes earn the top spot killing upwards of 1,000,000 people around the world each year.
Mosquitoes themselves aren’t THAT bad, but their ability to CARRY diseases and spread them around with a high degree of effectiveness makes them dangerous.
More specially its their ability to spread blood borne diseases due to their constant biting.
Let me put it this way, where bed bugs are gross, mosquitoes are dangerous.
Mosquitoes are capable of infecting humans with a number of infamous diseases such as:
- Malaria: Among the worst diseases mosquitoes can transmit, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported in 2015 that Malaria alone has killed approximately 438,000+ (source). Malaria is mostly a non-issue in the USA with the biggest impact coming within the Sub Saharan desert.
- Zika: Affecting mostly tropical areas (e.g, Mexico, Florida, Africa, India, etc), the WHO has reported that Zika virus infection during pregnancy is a cause of congenital brain abnormalities and that Zika virus is a trigger of Guillain-Barré syndrome where the immune system attacks the nervous system. (source)
- Yellow Fever: Of the diseases that are spread by mosquitoes some of the most progress has been made to combat yellow fever. Its name comes from the yellow color (Jaundice) it creates in some of the people it infects. If you’re traveling abroad, ensure you get vaccinated and you should be in good shape.
- Dengue: Aside from yellow fever, another tropical borne diseases is dengue or “Dengue Fever” where patients affected are diagnosed with temperatures of 104 degrees as well as headaches and pressure behind the eyes. In 2015, the first vaccine to combat Dengue was created (source).
- West Nile Virus: Became popular around 1999 affecting the U.S.A. Mosquitos transfer the disease from infected birds to unsuspecting humans.
In 2015, The World Health Organization reported 438,000 deaths from malaria alone!
The thing is…
The only REAL way to combat mosquitoes is by preventing them from infesting areas. That is removing and reducing breeding grounds, and making it difficult for them to reproduce.
Unfortunately, that’s not as easy as it sounds. Mosquitoes are capable of leaving eggs in areas as small as a water filled bottle cap on the ground…
That being said…
Let’s get into our top picks for mosquito killers in 2017. After our research analysis, we’ve determined these products to be the best mosquito killers money can buy.