A raccoon on your couch? A viper in your toilet bowl? A baby croc in your washer? It happens. Creepy crawlers forget who’s house is whose, and suddenly, you have a new uninvited roommate.
Pest Strategies wants to hear from you. Tell us your stories of wildlife home invasions and get paid $1,000. As a website that provides in-depth information on companies who help folks keep their homes pest-free, we want to hear about your run-ins with wildlife in your home. (Sorry, we don’t mean pets that have your consent to share your space).
Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Okay, maybe your backyard isn’t the land of Oz, and you aren’t worried that large game will tear into your home, but what about snakes, raccoons, and bats? If you live in an urban or suburban area, you may expect the occasional mouse in the garage, but what about when they break that unspoken rule of being in your living quarters?
Whether you find discovering animals in your home as funny or terrifying, or a mixture of both, we get it. We are looking for someone who wants to share their tale of surviving a run-in with a wild creature inside your home. If that sounds like you, keep reading to see exactly what we’re looking for in an ideal candidate and more about the task that could earn you $1,000.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone with a good story. We want to hear the what, where, and how. What happened, where it happened, and how did you respond. Only stories that show humane and ethical treatment towards the wildlife invader will be considered.
The ideal applicant will have:
- An experience of wildlife in your home.
- Photos (or video) of the creature in your space.
Additionally, applicants must be 18 years or older and a US citizen or permanent resident to apply.
What You’ll Need to Do
Complete this application.
What You’ll Get
You’ll receive a $1,000 payment for sharing your viewing experiences.
How to Apply
Fill out the application below and in a few paragraphs, tell us why you’re the perfect person for this job. Your storytelling abilities will be a strong factor in the selection process.
The application will close at 5 pm ET on Friday, September 17, 2021, so apply before then to be considered.
Only applications submitted via the form below will be considered.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
We’ll select and notify the winner by Monday, October 4, 2021.
Terms and Conditions
- The sponsor of the “Run-Ins that Make You Run Away” is Home Media LLC, whose principal office is located at 1122 Oberlin Rd, Raleigh, NC 27605.
- Employees of Home Media LLC or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with Run-Ins that Make You Run Away or helping to set up Run-Ins that Make You Run Away shall not be permitted to enter.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where they reside in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- Run-Ins that Make You Run Away void where prohibited.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS CONTEST. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for Run-Ins that Make You Run Away.
- By submitting an application for Run-Ins that Make You Run Away, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Route to entry for Run-Ins that Make You Run Away and details on how to enter are available at https://www.peststrategies.com/pest-guides/resources/run-ins-that-make-you-run-away/ . Individuals may apply by filling out the application form on Pest Strategies’s website.
- Closing date for entry will be September 17, 2021, at 5:00 PM ET. After this date, no further applications will be considered.
- Home Media LLC shall select up to one (1) Recipient from the entire pool of eligible entries. The Recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by Home Media LLC employees. Odds of selection are dependent on the total number of entries.
- The Recipient will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date, no later than September 17, 2021. If the Recipient cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not claim the opportunity to participate in Run-Ins that Make You Run Away within 10 days of notification, HomeMedia LLC reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient or to cancel the promotion. Home Media LLC is not responsible for the Recipient’s failure to receive notices pertaining to Run-Ins that Make You Run Away.
- Run-Ins that Make You Run Away consists of sharing your story of a wildlife creature being in your home without your consent. Pest Strategies will notify the Recipient how to complete all requirements. Requirements are due by 30 days after Recipient is chosen.
- Run-Ins that Make You Run Away is conducted by Home Media LLC and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by any other organization or company. HomeMedia LLC is solely responsible for all disputes regarding Run-Ins that Make You Run Away and all outcomes.
- Upon completion of the Run-Ins that Make You Run Away, Recipient will receive a one-time payment of $1000.00 USD via either a single gift card valued at $1000.00 USD or multiple gift cards totaling $1000.00 USD. Funds shall be distributed no earlier than 30 days following Recipient completion.
- Opportunity to participate in Run-Ins that Make You Run Away is not transferable. Any and all Run-Ins that Make You Run Away expenses, including, without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Recipient.
- The Recipient agrees to the use of his/her/their name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the Recipient or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation. By entering this promotion, the Recipient understands and agrees that the Home Media LLC, anyone acting on behalf of Home Media LLC, and Home Media LLC’s customers, partners, licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the promotion, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent, regardless of the medium, for example, video, voice recording, text, etc. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry and responses are original works of authorship and do not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Home Media LLC. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend against or settle such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Home Media LLC and its customers, partners, etc. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs, or expense, which they may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Where legally required, the Recipient’s name will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient’s name, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Home Media LLC, 1122 Oberlin Road, Raleigh, NC, 27605.
- Home Media LLC reserves the right to cancel or amend the Run-Ins that Make You Run Away promotion and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Home Media LLC’s decision in respect of all matters to do with Run-Ins that Make You Run Away will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY PARTICIPANT WILL, AT HOME MEDIA LLC’S SOLE DISCRETION, RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE PROMOTION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.