Want to know what fleas look like up close?
Well, you’re in the right place!
In this Pest Strategies guide we showcase 19 different close up pictures and videos of fleas.
From wall climbing to comparisons, this guide should help you identify if you have a flea problem or not.
If you find that you Do have a flea problem, we recommend checking out our complete guide to get rid of fleas.
Ready to get into the pictures?
Want To Just Skip All This Research And Hire A Decent Exterminator For Your Flea Problem?
19 of the Best Pictures of Fleas On The Internet
Are you ready to dig in? Let’s have a look at what fleas look like!
1. For picture #1 we have simple picture showing a flea on a white background.
2. The next picture is of 2 adult cat fleas. Surprisingly, there are slight differences between cat and dog fleas (as well as human fleas). Regardless of the type you have, they’re all treated in relatively the same way.
3. This is a closeup image of a dead flea on a man’s thumbnail. This picture really gives you a goof frame of reference of the size of a flea.
4. Here you can see a closeup of a flea on a hairy hand of a man. You can see how the hair follicles compare to the size of a flea.
5. The next image a really high resolution photo of a flea sucking blood.
6. The next image is of three fleas burrowed in a dog’s fur coat.
7. Here we have a nice comparison of the size of a flea.
8. Here’s a picture of a bunch of fleas clumped together at the base of a dog’s coat.
9. In this image, a flea is crawling around a man’s arm.
10. Although this isn’t a “picture” per se, we thought including this video gives you a good example of how fleas move around. In this video, the fleas have infested the fur of a small kitten. Warning, the video is a bit graphic. If you think your cat has fleas, we recommend researching and grabbing a cat flea collar to help provide relief for your feline!
11. This is an image showing the size comparison of a flea (top right) and ticks.
12. This is an image of flea that have been crushed showing the blood left behind.
13. The below image is of a flea laying an egg. The eggs fleas lay are very small and white. They are also resistant to the same pesticides that are used on adult fleas.
14. Here’s another image a little farther our showing what it looks like when a dog is infested with fleas. As you can see, the fleas are very small and black.
15. The next image is of a flea stuck at the bottom of a plastic container. Despite how strong flea legs are, they still aren’t capable of jumping more than 6-12inches (vertically). If your curious about fleas and their ability to jump, check out this guide that breaks down everything you need to know about how fleas move around.
16. The next picture illustrates what fleas look like but then also shows “flea dirt”. Flea dirt is another name for flea feces or the digested blood from a flea after a blood meal.
17. Here’s an interesting video we found of a pile of fleas in the basement of a homeowner! This particular homeowner had a cat that was providing food for the flea infestation.
18. Here’s another video showing fleas climbing walls after a treatment application. These fleas were actually trying to climb the walls to get away!
19. Here’s another great series of pictures and images from Bayer showing what flea eggs look like as well as the process a flea goes through to lay eggs.
That’s it folks. 19 pictures, images, and videos fleas and their eggs. At this point you should have a good idea of what fleas look like and how to spot them crawling around your home (and on your pet).
If after going through these images and you think you might have an infestation, we highly getting started with removing them! Flea removal can be tedious but they are very beatable!
Check out these helpful guides to learn more about fleas!
Fleas can be an absolute nightmare, check out these actionable guides to keep fleas out of your life.
Fleas are tiny and wingless parasites. But make no mistake, they’re more than capable of making your life a living hell. Just like bed bugs, fleas are nuisance pests capable of leaving itchy and sometimes painful bite marks as they feed and grow their population. Apart from finding the means of controlling …
Getting rid of fleas in your carpet can be a tough task with of questions… Should you steam clean? Vacuum? …or maybe throw out your entire carpet to protect you from those nasty fleas? This Pest Strategies guide will break down the following:How fleas end up in your carpetWhat you should do with …
If you find that you Do have a flea problem, we recommend checking out our complete guide to get rid of fleas. Ready to get into the pictures? Let’s go! 19 of the Best Pictures of Fleas On The Internet Are you ready to dig in? Let’s have a look …
Getting rid of fleas in your bed can be a very frustrating and huge problem. Fleas are among the most stubborn and most annoying insects that can invade your home. As much as finding fleas on your pet dog or cat can be very frustrating, sleeping in your bedroom with unwanted …
Fleas… a pet’s worst nightmare… but what if they’re biting humans too!? An infestation left unchallenged can easily lead to flea bites on humans. Which is probably why you’re here right? These unwanted guests can easily invade your home in various ways without you noticing it.Regardless of the cause of the problem, human …
There’s nothing like a nice relaxing time at the beach… Until the sand fleas strike and you come home with hundreds of bites. Can you say vacation ruined? How to do you get rid of these little sand flea demons and prevent them from biting?That’s exactly what this article is all about. This …