How Much Does Pest Control Cost In Salt Lake City UT?
Pest control service costs in all areas vary. Things such as your location, the type of pests that are being dealt with, and they services requested all play a roll in pricing factors. That being said pest control in Salt Lake City, UT can range between $65 to $300.
The higher end price generally pertains to customers who sign up for annual services and package deals. You can request free quotes from these companies and some of them even offer free inspections to asses the situation fully. It’s not uncommon to find specials and discount deals with these companies either so keep your eye out for those.
Most Common Seasonal Pests In Salt Lake City?
As the seasons change different pests come out of the woodwork, some of them are literally living in the woodwork of your business or home. Below are the most common seasonal pests in Salt Lake City Utah.
- Mormon Crickets: Found in areas with high heat and low occupancy. You’ll see them more often in secluded country homes rather than in cities.
- Cockroaches: Ugh! They literally live like everywhere and there are four species in Utah and some can fly.
- Pseudoscorpion:This is not a scorpion but a member of the arachnid family. They get their name from the pincers they have. You can find them in homes around paper and books because they feed on book lice.
- Carpet Beetles: They generally stay outdoors but in the warmer months they come inside to stay cool.
- Rocky Mountain Wood Tick: This little blood sucker is home in the Rocky Mountains and it carries a virus known as the Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
When it comes to wildlife pests you’ll find mice, rats, moles, birds that nest on your home, voles, pocket gophers, and prairie dogs are just a few.
- The colder months is when a lot of the pests die off or go into hibernation but if they make it inside before it’s too cold they can survive. Ants, mice, flies, and some reptiles might be lurking inside your home when it’s cold.
Common Indoor Pests In Salt Lake City Utah?
Just to be clear, just about any pest from the outdoors can sometimes make their way indoors. Just Saying! So in Utah, the most common indoor pests are termites, ants, cockroaches, bed bugs, carpet beetles, and fleas.
Rodents also like to make their way into your homes like little free-loaders thriving off of what you’ve worked hard for. Mice, rats, and sometimes squirrels will come in and make a nest in your attic or walls.
Common Outdoor Pests In Salt Lake City Utah?
There is a plethora of outdoor pests in Utah. You can find them in your garden, in trees, the grass, and heck even the concrete sometimes. The Elm Seed Bug is relatively new to UT and they carry a major home infestation risk. They generally feed on elm trees but if there isn’t any around they’ll take what they can get. Just a warning they can release a pungent smell that can become unbearable.
- Blister beetles got their name from the chemical they can spray onto the skin of humans and animals that can cause blisters. You’ll find them in the flowers especially, goldenrods and asters.
- Common Tread-Waisted Wasp are very common and they like making their nests in loose dirt piles so beware. They provide a painful and venomous sting.
- The pests listed in the seasonal section are all mostly outdoor pests.
- Boxelder Bugs: They favor box elder trees but will take a nice maple or ash into consideration.
- Raccoons, snakes, skunks, scorpions, and black widow spiders are also on the list of outdoor pests in Utah.
Many of these pest services and rodent control services serve the Salt Lake City and surrounding areas. Ogden, Orem, Lehi, West Jordan, and Park City are usually in the service area as well. All you have to do is reach out to these pest control and pest service companies to find out, just take a look at their site. They will provide the best pest solutions to ensure the creepy crawlers stay outside where they should be.