Best Pest Control Companies in
Search for the top pest exterminators in your area
Top 9 Exterminators in Philadelphia, PA
A large organization that you have access to worldwide.
Treats a wide variety of pests and wildlife issues.
Can perform a full fumigation service if you absolutely need one.
Humphrey's Pest Control Company
Efficient and professional service
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Free Termite Inspection
High contractor professionalism
$50 Off First Call
Large coverage footprint
Environmentally Safe Products
Re-Service Between Scheduled Visits If Necessary
Four Seasons Protection Plan
TruTech Wildlife Service
Specializes in wildlife removal
Effective relocation techniques
Large coverage footprint
Truly Nolen Pest and Termite Control
Eco-friendly and pet-friendly
Unique insulation service
100% money-back guarantee
Expert Pest Management
Specific programs to target each pest for optimal eradication
Flexible seasonal service plans that allow you to take the winter off
Free phone estimates
Viking Pest Control
Innovative and eco-friendly treatments
Free quotes and guarantees
Our pest experts take a deep dive into each of our top picks. We put in the work to identify the best pest control companies in your area that have top reviews, reasonable pricing, and comprehensive coverage for your pest infestations.
We ensure that each pest control company on our list hits the mark on coverage and reliability, so you can make the right choice.
We’ve selected the best pest control companies in your area and have used our comparative analysis to provide a complete list of coverage offered.
Our reviews provide the information you need for each company on which pests they cover, their service areas, and their accreditations to make sure you’re only getting the best.
Selecting the best pest control company in your area can be overwhelming, which is why we used our panel of pest experts along with comprehensive research and analysis to choose our top picks.
Our pest control companies are top rated for pest coverage, reviews, and pricing so you can choose a top-rated company that fits your needs.
FAQs for Pest Control in Philadelphia, PA
What are the most common pest problems in Philadelphia?
Termites. This wood-destroying insect causes billions of dollars worth of damage each year to both residential and commercial buildings. The most common species in the Philadelphia area is the subterranean termite. This means that termite colonies will come up from the ground and chew through wood and other cellulose materials around the structure.
Bed bugs. This small, reddish-brown insect survives solely on the blood of animals or humans. Their main nesting areas are primarily located around mattresses, box springs, and sofas. To invade a home, they have to be transported from another infested area by being carried in bags, furniture, humans, or animals.
Ants. Carpenter ants pose the biggest threat to homes and other buildings in Philadelphia. Unlike termites, carpenter ants don’t feed on wood or other materials containing cellulose. Instead, they chew through wood and use the remnants to make their nests. The resulting damage to buildings and other structures is just as severe as with a termite infestation.
Rodents. Rats and mice live everywhere, including around homes in Philadelphia. The best way to control rodents is to keep them outside where they belong. Mechanical exclusion using wire mesh and foam is the best way to accomplish that goal.
Mosquitos. The summer months are when mosquito populations reach their peak. The average female will lay between 100 and 500 eggs in their lifetime. Standing water sources are the preferred breeding areas. For that reason, sanitation measures can go a long way in the control of mosquitoes around the city.
What is the average cost of pest control in Philadelphia?
How to choose a pest exterminator in Philadelphia?
- Ask for references. A reputable exterminator will have plenty of satisfied customers. Ask to speak with a few of them. You may even uncover services you didn’t know the company offered.
- Check online reviews. Be sure to research several companies to make an accurate comparison. Review sites are a great source of detailed knowledge about a previous customer’s experience. They also provide contact information for when you are ready to do business with them.
- Get at least three estimates. No two companies offer the same service, so it is best to get at least three price quotes. Also, be sure to ask about what’s included in the price, and most importantly, what’s not.
- Look for a guarantee. Most licensed companies will stand behind their work. But some may ignore you if you have a concern. For that reason, try to get some form of guarantee in writing before signing up for a pest control service.
- Ask for license and insurance information. In most states, exterminators are required to display the pest control license number on their vehicles. But what about the technicians? Are they bonded, meaning if they do any damage to your home, you will be reimbursed? It’s a good idea to find out before they start doing work on your property.
Which companies in Philadelphia have eco-friendly solutions?